Getting Housed

Getting Housed

In London there is a very high level of demand for affordable housing. To be considered for housing you have to demonstrate that you are in real housing need and be referred to us by your local council or one of our approved referral agencies. Unfortunately you cannot self refer. Increasingly new tenants come to us from their local authority through choiced-based lettings.

If you are a man you will not be able to apply directly to us for housing since Housing for Women only grants tenancies to women in housing need, the target group specified in our charitable objectives. We do house men but they are the partners and children of our tenants.

We take referrals from the following Local Authorities:

Camden, Ealing, Greenwich, Hounslow, RB K&C, Lewisham, Southwark and Westminster

Our approved referral agencies are:

  • Church Army
  • Eaves
  • Lewisham Refuge
  • Look Ahead Housing and Care
  • Medaille Trust
  • The Passage
  • Southwark Women’s Aid